Data Governance is the management of access, compliance, and risk mitigation associated with an organisation’s data. By governing the data, companies not only safeguard their valuable information, but have methodologies and leading practices in place to allow better decisions, retain customers, gain new business opportunities and comply with regulatory requirements.
Good Data Governance:
- Ensures data quality;
- Improves effectiveness of all downstream data operations;
- Reduces overall system maintenance by capturing defects early;
- Ensures immediate compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements;
- Allows prompt feedback of errors; and
- Eliminates proliferation of defective data.